Tuesday, September 24, 2013

To-Do List

Now that I've been in Abu Dhabi for a whole month (WOW!), I feel like I can begin to make my to-do list for things I want to do and see while here!

Let's start with the most important thing on my list at the moment - traveling. One of the reasons I came to the Middle East to work was so that I could have the opportunity to travel. There are so many places I want to go that I'm hoping I will be able to do it all! Here are my "Top 5" travel destinations...
  1. Thailand
  2. Australia
  3. Italy
  4. Greece
  5. Maldives (round trip plane tickets are under $500! Spring break?!)
Another big thing on my to-do list is to go to Dubai! I think a trip to Dubai will be happening very soon :) I can't wait to post pictures and write about it! One of the sayings here is "Dubai has the flash, but Abu Dhabi has the cash". I'm ready to see some flash!

In Abu Dhabi, there are a few things I want to do and see but I need it to get a little cooler first! It's still getting to around 105 degrees every day so hopefully in October it will be more pleasant outside. 

  • Desert Camping - I was planning to go with my dad in October but he has postponed his trip until Spring so my visitors can be more spread out. Hopefully I'll still be able to go desert camping very soon! Some of the activities on a desert safari or camp trip are dune bashing, camel rides, henna, and eating lots of yummy Arabic food!
  • Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - I think a picture will sum up why I want to go here. It is so big and beautiful. 

  • the Corniche - similar to a boardwalk... it is a beautiful path around the water and beaches. You can see it winding and curving around the water in the picture below. I think it will be a wonderful place to walk!

In other news... I have tickets to the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November!!! I will be going to three days of races and 4 nights of concerts. The practice races are on Friday and Saturday and then the qualifying race is Saturday night. The big race will be Sunday night!! I can't wait! AND Jay-Z is one of the concert performers I get to see! I'm so excited for this event!! 

I'll update on school in an upcoming post! 

Love,
RLD


No comments:

Post a Comment